Saturday 13 May 2017

Short Stories By Mimi Obi

sapiosexual
Image may contain: text


The hazy figures inflicMited by the alcohol Abel took, cleared sharply from his eyes, the alcohol was beginning to make him hear things that were not said. Did Shabi just say she wanted a divorce, crazy alcohol he thought to himself, maybe if he wasn't feeling this way, he would have made love to her, Shabi was always ready for him. "Lekan, I want a divorce" 
A confused Abel looked at Shabi in awe, she called him Lekan, she never did unless she was angry. "Shabi, you want a divorce when I just lost my job. Women you are all the same, to think I've been providing for you all these years, trying to be the man you want, keeping our daughters happy, making you happy, Shabi, I've ... 


" Shabi kept on staring at Abel intently, disgust wrapped itself around her, this man who had two different mistresses,his first two years after she walked with him to the altar to say I do, after she gave him half of her life savings when he wanted to start a business that failed and she still loved him nonetheless, satisfying his voracious sex appetite and otherwise ... "Shabi,for the sake of our children, our daughters do not need to go through this trauma" "What trauma?, introducing my baby girls to your girlfriends, taking them out on dates while your supposed 'friends' tag along, you think Lara is too young to know her father has girlfriends? She is ten Lanre,you think I have no idea that you rented houses for them. Lanre, I want a divorce,do whatever you want to do with yourself, I'm done and I'm taking my children along"

Tunde stared at his account balance intensely, hoping the figures would miraculously change or maybe he would awaken from his dream. Lola would not do this to him, she was a beneficiary to this account but it was assumed it was dormant, he kept his savings here and the money he kept for his girlfriends, making Lola a beneficiary was to douse off suspicion, and taking a huge amount from their joint account would lead to questions from Lola.
"hello honey, welcome home" Lola beamed when she saw her husband, his face was crestfallen. "I'm fine, just had a tiring day at work, where are the children" "sleeping, I was hoping we would have an alone time,its been ages" Lola cooed. Tunde was surprised, Lola was acting different, he could not share his worries with her, but he missed her, a wife to share with when a girlfriend is away.
Lola lay on the bed and massaged Tunde's bones, the money she took from Tunde's account was shared in the kiddies account she opened for her children, in no time she would get her full revenge but till then she needed the security of a home, if his girlfriend could have the good things of life, his wife should too.
"Babe, I need a new phone, I know we can afford it right now" Tunde seethed with anger, she deserved the new phone but how does he tell her, he suspects her of taking money in a dormant account, no message was sent and no trace since it was transferred online. "okay babe,I'm working on it"

Patrick could trace the air that left his lungs when he saw the pictures on the table. Who was trying to blackmail him.




 By Mimi Obi

No comments:

Post a Comment