Saturday 21 May 2016

Abdullahi Candido is AMAC new Chairman







The newly elected Chairman of Abuja Municipal Area Council, AMAC, Abdullahi Candido yesterday took over the mantle of leadership, with a vow to restore sanity in the council, just as he said that he was ready to sacrifice his life for AMAC to be better.



Candido who was handed over to yesterday by the immediate past Chairman of the Council, Micah Jiba, also promised to ensure equality among staff and residents of the Area Council.

The new Chairman who noted that he would ensure transparency in line with the cardinal objective of President Mohammadu Buhari led government in consonance with the change mantra, said he would during his tenure, put in place policies that would bring about the dividends of democracy.

He however stressed the need for a collectively fight against corruption which he said had eaten deep in AMAC as an area Council which is in the heart of the nation’s capital city, Abuja.

According to him, he would ensure that the people of AMAC exhibit their intellects in making money as well as provide services to the people rather than depend on bail out from the federal government at this time that the country was going through financial challenges.

The new Chairman said, ‘’If there are policies that were lopsided or anti people by the last administration, we will correct it. My government has come on board to operate in a different pedestrian from what the people have seen previously.

‘’I am not of my village alone, but a chairman to all the people of AMAC, therefore I pledge to operate in fairness and justice, I will not promote religious or tribal agenda, no village or group of persons have my exclusive attention as I am here to serve everybody.”

He however urged the people of the area council to be patient and pray for him, explaining that they are not angels to make everything be in place in a day as the burden was much, but they would try and satisfy the people.

According to him, everyone in the council must be ready to work, stressing that those who were not prepared to key in, should otherwise, go to the commission and seek transfer or be ready to tender their resignation letters because, “I will not condone laziness of any kind here’’.

In his remarks, the outgoing chairman of AMAC, Hon Micah Jiba, stated that he was very happy to hand over to the incoming chairman, having fulfilled the core objectives of the local government system.
He listed the objectives to be primary health care, scholarship, agricultural enhancement, electrification projects, sanitation, the general well-being of the people as well as other infrastructural needs.

Jiba said, ‘’I can say without missing words that to the best of my ability I have discharged my mandate accordingly, fulfilled most of my campaign promises and I am sure the people of my area council will attest to this in the last six years of my stay in this council, as I leave behind a good legacy for the incoming chairman and his team.

“Today I join the league of the incoming chairman’s supporters to rejoice as I wish him a successful administration as they have a good foundation to work with’’.



No comments:

Post a Comment