Friday 20 May 2016

INTERVIEW : Radio Personality "Nedu" speaks on Life, career and the hot new Gong Chai show on WazobiaMax

 

Ever in the business of keeping her viewers entertained, WazobiaMax on UHF 57, has blazed the trail with yet another thrilling reality TV talent show, “Gong Chai”.
Set to grace our TV screens later in June, the Gong Chai showcases a broad spectrum of amazing talents from all over the country. Produced by Obi Emelonye, the award-winning Producer/Director of “Mirror Boy” and “Last flight to Abuja”,


 Gong Chai is set to bring a breath of fresh air to reality TV in Nigeria and will be showing free to air on WazobiaMax, UHF 57; it is definitely one programme to watch out for. You can keep abreast with Gong Chai and other awesome programmes by following the WazobiaMax Youtube channel.
The funny and ever so exciting host of the show, popular on air personality Nedu, has shared some personal information on himself, how he started out being a broadcaster, his inspiration and role models.

Why did you choose this particular genre? Did you stumble on being a broadcaster/OAP or was it a deliberate attempt?


 
“I studied accounting but always wanted to be in the entertainment industry. I started in 2005-2006 during my NYSC service years. But before then I always listened to the radio when I was in Kaduna. I always imagined what it would be like to be a presenter and I wanted to be a radio presenter. So, when I arrived at the NYSC camp, it was easy to identify where I wanted to be and what I wanted to do. And that was how it started. After service year, I was posted to a school but later on I found myself at a radio station and I moved to Lagos after my service year. But I always wanted to work for a radio station because that was the reason I moved to Lagos. So, being a presenter was quite deliberate for me.”
You speak all the Nigerian major languages fluently. How important is it in your line of work?
“It is very important because sometime, when you need to pass an information, it broadens my description because I have a large pool of indigenous vocabulary with which I can paint a picture or make-up a complex word that every tribe can associate with. It has helped me a lot to translate messages, and made people understand me better. It makes my conversations as a host more relatable when I switch between languages, giving it a bit of dynamism. It also makes helps to loosen up my guests and makes them relate better with me during an interview.”

What are some of the challenges normally experienced in this line of work?

“I usually get asked this question and I find it hard to respond to it in terms of the word “challenge” being a hindrance because I don’t think I have any of the conventional challenges most people experience in this business. But to answer the questions, I think the major challenge I have in general is when I don’t have enough money to do what I want to do per time. That is the highest challenge I can think of for now – when there’s no money in the pocket. If money plenty for pocket, what is challenge? I don’t has any challenge.”

What inspires you?

“People inspire me. If I’m on radio, the people listening are my inspiration. I always imagine their mood when I’m on air doing my thing; I’m wondering if they’re smiling, happy…I picture that and it becomes my inspiration. It spurs me to do more to keep the smiles on their faces.”

Who is/are your role model(s)?

“I like Ryan Seacrest. I like the fact that he’s gone from being a presenter to become a writer and a producer. I also like Steve Harvey. He’s on radio, on tv, acting, being a comic. I love him.”

What advice would you give to persons aspiring to join your line of work?

“You have to know how to talk. Pesin wey dey work for radio wey noh sabi talk, wetin e wan come sabi do? You should be a good orator, have a good sense of humor and have a strong passion for presenting.”

Tell us about your shows The Box and The Night Show showing on Wazobia TV.

 

The Night Show is fun. It’s where I get to express my “stupidity” with my co-host and guests. It’s just there. The Box and Gong Chai are game shows. These shows are “crazy”. There’s a special breed of “craziness” in these shows that every viewing will not want to miss.”
The Gong Chai show exhibits young talents in singing, dancing, acting and even some weird acrobatic display. The ever vibrant OAP of Wazobia FM, Nedu anchored the entire show and brought with him the zest and uniqueness he puts into his presentation. The Judges were drawn from across the entertainment industry – Uzor and Emma Oh My God from Wazobia FM, and celebrity guest judge Monkas was on hand to make sure the audience reeled with excitement.
When a contestant performs excellently he is given a nod of approval by the judges, graded accordingly and proceeds to the next round. However, a poor performance is gonged out by the Judges. Interestingly, the contestants went home with an array of gifts ranging from flat screen television sets, refrigerators, electric cookers, power generating sets, micro-wave oven and a grand prize of a Cruiser Power Bike.
To catch all the thrilling episodes you can watch on their various social media platforms:

YouTube channel – youtube.com/wazobiatvng
Facebook – facebook.com/wazobiatvng
Instagram – instagram.com/wazobiamax and instagram.com/wazobiatvng

Don't miss out


Source : Naij news

No comments:

Post a Comment