Wednesday 11 May 2016

Kachikwu says he stopped blowing up of pipeline

Minister of Petroleum Kachikwu says one of the militants called him and threatened on phone

He reveals how he forced the militant to drop his plan the blowing up of pipeline

Ibe Kachikwu, minister of petroleum, has revealed how one of the Niger Delta militants threatened him on phone.

Minister Kachikwu lamented the effect of attacks on oil installations.
Oil minister narrates: “Last week, my phone number was published in Sahara Reporters and then I began to get millions of phone calls. One of the first phone calls I took, not knowing who was calling me, was from a militant somewhere, and when I picked up the phone, he asked; ‘Are you the minister of petroleum? and I answered yes.

“He said: ‘I dey go blow pipeline tomorrow’ and I asked why would you do that my brother if you love Nigerians? He asked me; ‘are you sure you are the minister’? and I answered yes. Then he said ‘for being so humble, I will drop the plan.”

Kachickwu also revealed the new policy to address the problem of fuel subsidy in Nigeria and added that introduction of price modulation had helped stabilise the problem.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment