Wednesday 18 May 2016

Kesha Billboard Awards Performance Blocked By her Label





Kesha was set to perform set to perform this Sunday at the Billboard Music Awards. However, that's not going to happen following a dispute with her label, Dr. Luke's Kemosabe Records. Kesha had previously received permission from the label to perform, but in a statement (via Billboard), the award show's production company Dick Clark Productions revealed that the label has now “rescinded its approval” of Kesha's performance following reports that she would make “direct references” to her legal battle with Dr. Luke onight,


Kesha refuted those reports in the below Instagram post, saying she was planning to perform Bob Dylan's “It Ain't Me Babe” without any reference to Dr. Luke. While the production company went on to say they were hoping Kesha and Kemosabe would come to an agreement prior to the show, Kesha writes that she's "very sad and sorry to say I won't be allowed to [perform].”

Kesha's California lawsuit accusing Dr. Luke of rape and abuse has been stayed pending the outcome of Dr. Luke's lawsuit in New York accusing Kesha of defamation. A New York judge recently dismissed Kesha's countersuit alleging emotional distress, employment discrimination, and gender-based hate crimes. In February, the judge also denied Kesha's requestto record legally for labels other than Dr. Luke's Sony imprint Kemosabe Records; Kesha has appealed that ruling.

Last month, Kesha unveiled her Zedd collaboration "True Colors," which was her first official release since Pitbull's Dr. Luke-produced 2013 song "Timber." Zedd clarified via Twitter that "Kemosabe/RCA gave us permission to release this song." Kesha recently performed Lady Gaga's "Til It Happens to You," which she dedicated "to every man, woman, child, and animal that has ever been abused" .







I was very excited to perform a tribute to Bob Dylan by singing a cover of "It ain't me, babe" at the Billboard awards this year. I'm very sad and sorry to say I won't be allowed to do this. I just wanted to make very clear that this performance was about me honoring one of my favorite songwriters of all time and has never had anything at all to do with Dr. Luke. I was never going to use a picture of him, speak of him or allude to my legal situation in any way. I simply wanted to sing a song I love to honor an artist I have always looked up to. thank u all for the continued support.



No comments:

Post a Comment